Pharmacies have unique requirements that need to be fully addressed. The majors are:
1. Physical security of the local server and the physical security of the IT network, this is especially true within a retail store environment.
2. Protecting the users computers and server by Actively Monitoring activity, applying regular updates to software and operating systems, hardening the router\gateway and removing software to improve security posture.
3. Increasing work flow efficiency by improving the performance of the database software, and by switching to a paperless workflow.
4. Ensuring the pharmacy database is backed up both onsite and offsite.
5. Protecting personal data: In Canada PIPEDA covers all industries. In the United States HIPAA only covers personal health information.
We can also improve pharmacy efficiency by utilizing technology, this is be done by:
1. Implementing Automated Pill Dispenser systems (also known referred to as ‘Robots’)
2. Using hardware that is less likely to breakdown which causes expensive downtime.
3. Significantly improving overall system performance to increase the number of fills per hour.
We have worked with pharmacy software such as Kroll and Robotic Prescription Dispensing Systems and Packaging Systems. We understand how to configure the IT systems around them to maximize performance and how to implement additional functionalities from within the software.
We have passed multiple in-person audits by Federal government Protected B security; we use that knowledge to help us keep your information secure and safe.
We will work hard to become a permanent part of your team:
- implement and improve software reliability and limit data corruption
- improve IT systems to increase employee efficiency
- find the most appropriate solutions for your particular pharmacy
- identify savings by making changes to existing infrastructure
- improve technology performance and security
- significantly reduce downtime by implementing redundancy plans